Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11/01

Ten years ago today, I was a 12-year-old girl.

It was the beginning of my seventh grade year.

Ten years ago today, I remember being
dropped of at school by my Gramma.
[In her adorable white Mustang]

As soon as I got out of the car,
I heard my friends talking about what happened.

Ten years ago today, I was very confused.

I remember going home from school that day and
watching the news [Our teachers had been instructed
to not let us watch the news] & wondering
how could this have happened?

Was the pilot confused?

Did he go the wrong way?

Was he flying too low?

Ten years ago today, I couldn't fathom
that someone had done this on purpose.

Why would anyone intentionally hurt other people?

I'm a lot older now and a whole lot less naive,
but I still don't understand people intentionally
hurting other people - it's unfathomable to me.

May we never forget -

the victimes of these tragic incidents,
the heroes that saved lives,
& the way we felt on that infamous day.

Never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment