Sunday, May 1, 2011

Condo: Day 1

Alright: Progress thus far.

I decided to do this post room by room...

So, here's the living & dining rooms when the day started:

 This is after the boy and I got to work distributing furniture and storing certain items rarely needed (Christmas decor, luggage, etc.) in Jacob's second closet.
Looking better, huh?
[Kayden is shaking his tailfeather here.]
 Unfortunately, not nearly as much progress was made on the other half of this area...
Have I mentioned I love my new appliances?
I love my new appliances.
 The kitchen got cleared out a bit so I could cook dinner.
[First meal at the new place: Poppy Seed Chicken]
We also had our first guests: Jeremy's parents
They didn't stay long, though.
We set up the big TV in our bedroom to watch a "family movie" as Jacob calls it (the living room just isn't comfortable yet). Never mind the fact that he's most likely attacking his dad in this shot.
My fiance being lazy.
His son doing "office work."
And... the room with the most improvement today...
Jacob's room

I love the way this construction fence turned out!
The best part? It was free. Jeremy already had it.
Jacob will obviously eventually have a bed. Give us time.
In the mean time, he's pretty obsessed with this one.
I just had to find a multi-colored alarm clock.
Fortunately, they were like $6 at Target.

We set up the construction fence so that he would have to tear it down to get to it.
Here is Jacob coming into the condo [& his bedroom] for the first time.
& here is Jacob's room after he broke it in a little bit...

Coming tomorrow [hopefully]: More progress!

1 comment:

  1. haha love jacob's reaction!! Can't wait to see everything you do with your new home!

    ReplyDelete