Saturday, April 30, 2011

Moving Day

Yep, yesterday was the big day... MOVING DAY!

& I know my readers are just dying to hear the horrible, exhausting details.

& know how sore I am  today...
That's right, my calves, neck and arms want me dead.

All of our moving plans changed last minute (but, for the better, thank goodness). Turns out we would not be renting a Uhaul because Jeremy's best friend, Pate, could come to town and has a horse trailer that's much larger than what we would have rented.

Anyway, we got the keys on Thursday, so we loaded my car up pretty good Wednesday evening.
This is what we managed that first trip.
[I was pretty impressed with Ruby!]
Friday morning, we woke up very early to get started.
This was Ruby's first load on Friday: 
[Continued]
[& more]
I took a picture of the light in the dining room because I really, really like it.
This was the condo after two loads with Ruby, two loads with the horse trailer & one load in Pate's mom's car.
[Continued] 
 [& more]
 [etc.]
 We left the bedrooms mostly empty so that we would have some space to work with.
 This was my fiance after a crazy busy day of moving.
 Believe it or not, there is actually a washer and dryer under that pile of clothes.
 Ironic moment of the day:
Once we were loaded up with the final items, we stopped to eat at Railhead BBQ in Fort Worth (so that traffic could die down & because we hadn't eaten all day). The boys got souvenir cups. This is the back of them:
Finally, just before we headed to sleep for the first time at our new condo, I set up my temporary command station. This is definitely not its final resting place, but I needed something quick.
Coming soon (probably tomorrow):
Any guesses?

No comments:

Post a Comment