Thursday, March 31, 2011

Europe, Part Six: I said YES

As I said in yesterday's post, we abandoned our bus tour and just starting walking in Paris. We could see the top of the Eiffel Tower and were walking toward it.

Alas, we came to the Seine River and there was a beautiful view (again, I don't think my pictures portray how beautiful it was due to the dreariness, but we didn't see the sun the entire time we were in Europe).

Just believe me though, it was gorgeous.

I stopped Jeremy and told him we need to have a picture here. There was a nice looking couple taking pictures of each other, so I asked them if they'd like me to take a picture of them together. They said yes, I took the picture and they offered to take our picture.

So here I am, leaning on this wall trying to pose and looking at the people with my camera for the picture. I can't figure out what in the world Jeremy is doing because I'm looking forward, but I can feel that he's not cooperating.

That's when I said, "You're wasting their time!"

I turned toward him saying, "What are you doing?!"

And he was down on one knee...
His exact words, or the best he and I can remember were:
"Because we're in the most 
romantic city in the world,
Will you marry me?"

& I said yes!
I was SHOCKED, but so happy! Right after I said yes and encouraged him to stand up, I looked around and TONS of people were staring at us. I was briefly embarrassed, but I got over it pretty quick.

This was the happiest moment of my life. I am the luckiest girl in the world to be able to spend the rest of my life with such an amazing man.

Earlier in the day, while walking, we had passed a cute little pastry shop and stopped for some bread and a treat, which we saved for later. It worked out perfectly, because after we got engaged, we sat on a bench under the Eiffel Tower and enjoyed our heart-shaped cookie.
Tomorrow: Back to normal, America blogging.

[If you have the time today, could you send a few prayers or positive thoughts my way? I have a 2nd interview for a big girl job!]

No comments:

Post a Comment