Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New Toys & Pancakes

Friends, I sincerely apologize for the lack of blogging here lately. This weekend was chaos. This week has been chaos. We leave in like 36 hours.
Chaos. Chaos. Chaos.

And I have been neglectful to my blog. And I do apologize.

But, the truth is, I shouldn't be blogging right now. I should be making packing list or crossing one of the other 997 things off of my to-do list.

Alas, blogging is more fun. So that's what I'll do!

First, I have a little story for you all: Last week, Jeremy went grocery shopping with me. We were in the always lovely Kroger going down the aisle with all of my beloved baking supplies when I spotted out of the corner of my eye an electric griddle. Actually, I think I spotted the big "SALE" price tag, and then the electric griddle.

Regardless of the order, it was exciting. It was marked down about 50% and was less than $20!
(In case you're wondering why I needed one, I have an electric stove, which doesn't heat my pans evenly, which means I can only cook one pancake at a time, which is a super slow process.)

Anyway, I saw it, it was on sale, and I had to have it.

So I can make deliciousness like this!
I've been using the Better Homes & Gardens Buttermilk Pancakes recipe, but substituting like it says for regular pancakes, or "Panpakes," as Jacob would call them.
I've been playing with lots of combinations. Here, I used pecans and bananas. I've also done bananas with chocolate chips.

Both were delicious.
I made Jeremy breakfast for lunch the other day. Pancakes + strawberries = fabulous lunch!
I doubt I'll get another blog in between now and heading to Europe and I haven't a clue if I'll be online at all there, so this is goodbye for now! I'll be back soon with lots of fun pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment