Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Europe, Part Three: Brugge, Belgium

Brugge was an unexpected excursion we took in Belgium. The morning of our second day in Knokke, where we planned on catching the train back to Brussels that evening, Jeremy's Uncle Bernard told us he had to be in Brugge (about a 20 minute drive) that afternoon. He asked if we'd like him to drop us off and then we could catch the train from there instead.

Why not?
Because of the unexpectedness and last minute-ness of us going to Brugge, we didn't have a plan. We literally got dropped off in a random spot and began walking around and exploring.

I absolutely fell in love with Brugge.
[Brugge clearly loves me, too.]
The lack of plans was fantastic.
The exploring was wonderful.
The city was fabulous.

[Jacob (obviously) loved the construction going on in Brugge.]
If I lived in Belgium, I would equate Brugge to the Hill Country in Texas: a place where I'd love to disappear to for a few days and forget the rest of the world exists (mind you, I've never been to the Hill Country, but that's my impression).
Tomorrow: London

No comments:

Post a Comment