Thursday, March 3, 2011

Vegan Cookies

Over this last weekend, I was feeling very grateful. I'm blessed in a lot of ways that, sometimes, I get overwhelmed and forget about. Things may be stressful a lot of the time and there may not be enough hours in most of my days, but I've got what matter most:

A whole lot of love.
I've got a man that loves me unconditionally.
I've also got a family that would do anything to ensure my success.

And, sometimes, I forget to remind them just how grateful I am.

I decided a great way to show them would be to send a little note with some treats. The problem: My Gramma went vegan about six months ago. She can't eat my treats.

What to do?

I know another vegan, I remembered. She also happens to blog about the vegan dishes she makes... perfect! So, I went through Elizabeth's blog to find the recipe which required me to buy the least amount of weird vegan stuff: Peanut Butter Cup Cookies.

The only special thing I had to buy was a half-gallon of soymilk.

So, I mixed up the cocoa concoction.
And the peanut butter concoction (Jeremy cleaned these dishes for me and politely asked that I never bake with peanut butter again - yeah right).
Then, with the peanut butter mixture, I made these little balls.
And took about a tablespoon of the cocoa and flattened it on my palm.
And set the peanut butter ball inside.
 Wrapped it up.
 Smashed them a little.
 Baked!
The verbatim text I received when my Gramma got them: OMG the cookies are wonderful!!!!!
 And guess what: they were delicious. Jeremy, Jacob and I each tried one and we liked them!



1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite combos- pb and chocolate! Were the vegan Gramma approved?

    ReplyDelete