Sunday, April 10, 2011

Enchiladas

Sorry for the major slow down in blogging... life has been hectic, but in a great way. I started the new job on Thursday, which, other than the commute, has been really great! I stay very busy and the days go by super fast. I'll be working three days a week until May 9th, then I'll be full time.

Anyway... how about some food?!

If you hadn't noticed, we love us some Mexican food down here in Texas. I tried my hand at homemade Enchiladas recently. They turned out a little spicier than I usually prefer, but they were delicious.

My inspiration came from this recipe on Tasty Kitchen, but I adapted it quite a bit with some help from Leslie.

Anyway, I started by seasoning a pound of ground beef with a little Lawry's Taco Seasoning.
Meanwhile, I spread cream cheese over four tortillas (these were some store bought flour tortillas we had in the freezer, next time I'll probably make them).
Once the tortillas and beef were ready, I spread some beef and cheddar cheese onto each tortilla and rolled them up.
In an 8x8, I poured a little enchilada sauce and then put the filled and rolled-up tortillas inside.
I ended up with quite a bit of seasoned beef left over, so I spread that over the enchiladas.
As well as some more enchilada sauce.
Then, lots of cheese. Have I mentioned I love cheese?
I baked them at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or so.
Like I said, they were really good, but pretty spicy. I'm not sure if it was the enchilada sauce, the taco seasoning or the combination, but there's no way we could eat this when we have Jacob.

Alas, the fiance approved in a big way.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment