Monday, April 11, 2011

Taco... Pasta?

Two food posts in a row... I'm trying to make y'all hungry!

A few months ago, I created a Word document filled with links called "Recipes to Try." Now, when I'm thinking, what should I make for dinner tonight?, I go to that document and see what looks good. 

One recipe that intrigued me to begin with, which is how it got on the list, looked interesting last week.


Here are the ingredients... I used bow-tie pasta because it's what I had, those are black beans I accidentally opened the other day and didn't use in the tupperware. I skipped the green chiles because I'm a baby. 

Also... I didn't have tomato sauce (or my tomato sauce maker - Jeremy), so I just used one can of diced tomatoes and another of tomato sauce.
Anyway, after browning some ground beef, I threw in the taco seasoning, drained corn and black beans.
Then, I mixed in the diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
And threw it all in some cooked bow-tie pasta.
I spread it around a casserole dish,
covered it in cheese,
added the chips and more cheese... creating nachos on top of my casserole.
I forgot to take a picture of the finished product until we had already dug into it.
We both really liked it... but I agreed with one of the comments on the Tasty Kitchen post. The pasta was just kind of... awkward. It seemed out of place.

Jeremy added sour cream and didn't speak until his plate was clean.
I plan on trying it again soon with rice in the place of pasta. I'll let ya know how that comes out!

1 comment:

  1. yeah, pasta seems awkward but rice with that sounds DELICIOUS so let me know!

    PS- your new found love of cooking has inspired me, I am even making up my own dishes so thank you!

    ReplyDelete