Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bathroom Shelf

Immediately after Jeremy finished my Spice Rack for the kitchen, my wheels started spinning. The bathroom is another area where there's simply not enough room for all of my stuff.

Jeremy and I started with the same design as the spice rack, but I knew it could be quite a bit bigger since it would got on a larger wall. Then, Jeremy thought of adding a towel rack on the bottom and hooks on the sides for robes. Genius!

So, off to Lowe's we went... and got to building. (Notice the super manly pink hammer... it's mine!)
 Isn't he great?! (Notice the open drawer I've mentioned - this was clearly before my big kitchen organizing post.)
 Ta da!
 At this point, the project came to an abrupt halt. The next step would be painting it, and the temperature needed to reach at least 60 degrees for that. So, we waited... and we watched the forecast, and we waited.
 So, Jeremy finished the towel rack...
 & I finally got to paint it!
 He hung it up for me... and then we came to another halt. For some reason, I couldn't get motivated to design what to put on it and how to reorganize the bathroom. It took me quite a while, but one afternoon, I got started and completed it.
 I didn't have a choice on where to put the really tall stuff - it had to go on top. So, that was tall stuff and hair stuff. The middle shelf became fragrances, lotions, travel sized shampoos and conditioners I've collected over the years and nail polishes/accessories. On the bottom, I put my make-up and make-up brushes, deodorant and jewelry.
 The small blue baskets holding my hair brushes, jewelry and make-up came from World Market... $2.99 each - score! Earlier last week, my friend Marcie had come over for dinner and then we went exploring at World Market. She showed me those baskets because she's got a few of her own. Adorable & perfect! 
The towel rack was a wooden dowel we got at Lowe's with all the other wood... easy enough.
 Then, we put these hooks from Lowe's on each side which hold my robes and hair towels.
Another small project that happened as a result was I finally put my cute little jewelry holder to use! I got this in the fall of 2009 when I went to watch OU play BYU at Cowboys Stadium with family. We parked in this lot with "free parking" as long as you spend $40 and put the receipt in the window of your car. I'd rather spend $40 on stuff than just parking! Anyway... I went through all of my jewelry as a result of this project, threw away a couple items and put some on this holder. Adorable!

2 comments: