Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year; New Era; New Blog!

Happy 2011! As this new year approaches, there are so many upcoming changes in my life. First and foremost, I'll be graduating from TCU on May 7th - I am ridiculously excited. Also, I'll be moving soon... hopefully into a house. I outgrew this ol' apartment a long time ago and am super excited to have a little more space. Obviously, since I'm graduating, I'll also be working a big girl job soon (hopefully). That is, assuming I find one...

Since the boy and I started dating, he has been the chef. I would bake desserts sometimes, but he was definitely the cook in our relationship... until recently. It all started at Thanksgiving. I spent Thanksgiving day with his family, which was great because his parents are awesome, but the thought of not spending the day with my family made me a little homesick. So, to cure this, I offered to make a few dishes. For the dishes, I chose my family's staples - the items which make Thianksgiving for me. The biggest surprise for me was... they turned out great!

Since Thanksgiving, I've become a little more adventurous in the kitchen (domestication, if you will). I've been trying my luck at different dishes and, so far, so good. I'm not big on the stove - I'm mostly a baker, but we'll see where it leads. I plan on sharing these adventures in the kitchen through this blog.

Also, because of my little ol' apartment mentioned above, I get creative sometimes. Whether it's for efficency or decor, I come up with ideas now and again which lead to projects (again, domestication, if you will). I'll also share these projects on this blog.

Lastly, we're a family. We're not a traditional family, but what's traditional, anyway? We love each other ridiculous amounts and have insane amounts of fun together. We do things as a family whether we're going to a new, fun place, decorating cookies or some other kind of craft (last time - domestication). I'll also be sharing memories my family and I make on this blog.

That's what Adventures in Domestication will be - a glance inside our daily lives, which is hopefully interesting for more than just me. To get started, I'll introduce the characters...

Vicky - Me, obviously. I'm a 22-year-old Okie girl trying to make it in the great state of Texas, which isn't easy as a die-hard Sooner. I go to TCU and am very proud of my Horned Frogs; I'll be graduating in May and can't wait to be done with school.
Jeremy - The boy. He just turned 23 and will graduate a year after I do from UTA. He treats me like a queen and loves me unconditionally, what more could a girl ask for? He's also pretty handsome, if I do say so myself.
Jacob - The little guy. Jacob is Jeremy's four-year-old son. He is absolutely adorable and neither of us can get enough of him. He spends 3-4 days a week with us, so expect to be reading about his antics quite a bit!
(Pictures of the guys to the right.)
Kayden & Baxter - These are our fur-babies. Kayden is my four-year-old yorkie and pretty much my BFF. Baxter is the crazy year-old mutt we rescued from the pound. I'll be sure to post pictures soon of the babies. :)
I'll close this introductory post for now, but I've already got a meal and a project done which just need to be typed about - as well as a big meal coming tomorrow which I plan on documenting.
xo

2 comments: