Saturday, January 22, 2011

Valentine's Day Decor

Okay, this is a first for me... I've never decorated for Valentine's Day before.
So, I kept it pretty simple.
The first thing, I have to admit, is a direct steal. I'm so not original. You see, my aunt, Jill, has this vase that she puts different small things in based on the holiday. I stole this idea because I always thought it was super cute.
For "everyday" decor, I keep wine/champagne corks in there. For Christmas, I filled it with sparkly ornaments I found at Target in the $1 spot. So, for Valentine's Day, just as Jill used to do, I filled it with Sweethearts candies. I might have to find some more, but it's super cute in the mean time...
Then, a blog I follow, Tatertots & Jello, posted lots of great ideas for Valentine's Day decor. Lots of them were super cute, but I knew right away I had to try the burlap heart wreath from My House of L. It looked so simple, yet adorable. So, the boy went to Hobby Lobby with me and we picked up some burlap (which was on sale - score!) and some cute red ribbon.
I found the wire hangers in my closet.
The boy helped me straighten the wire hangers, which made a HUGE heart, so he then helped me cut them down and shape my heart. Next, I folded the burlap and put it on there.
It looked super cute when it was laying down on the carpet, but when I hung it up, gravity sunk in and it wasn't nearly as cute. So, I decided the glue gun wasn't optional, as described in the blog. I realized I had gotten rid of mine somewhere down the line, but Jill came to the rescue and gave me her extra one. So... I put a little dab of glue in between each end/beginning of the burlap and then a few more as needed.
Pretty cute, huh?
Not to toot my own horn, but pretty cute, huh?

Happy weekend!


2 comments:

  1. It turned out really cute! I plan on making mine this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was pretty easy, did it while watching TV.

    ReplyDelete