Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Poppy Seed Chicken

Do try this at home; you'll thank me later.

The credit for this tasty dish goes to my aunt, Jill. This is my favorite dish she's ever made and, here recently, I've begun to make it myself.

It's easy. There's not a whole lot of prep work. And, it's delicious.

You start with four chicken breasts. Season to taste (which, as an OCD person who needs strict instructions and ingredients, I don't know how to do, so the boy usually helps me here... or I just sprinkle some salt & pepper). Cook at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, I get together my other ingredients...

In one bowl, combine 2 sleeves of Ritz cracks (smashed) and a melted stick of butter.In another bowl, combine a can of cream of chicken, 8 oz. sour cream and 2 tablespoons poppy seeds. (I forgot to take a picture of this.)

Once the chicken is cooked, chop it up.And throw it in the cream of chicken mixture.

Then, in a 9x13, coat the bottom of the pan with 1/2 of the Ritz combination. Pour the entire chicken mix on top of that. Spread the rest of the Ritz on the top.Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes & enjoy...
Thanks Jill for one of my all-time favorite dishes!

1 comment:

  1. I will vouch for you, this was delicious last year in Steamboat!

    ReplyDelete