Monday, January 10, 2011

Chicken Parmesan - In the Crockpot

I have yet to mention in my blog how picky of an eater I am. This is NOT a good thing and I don't like it at all. It really limits what I'm able to eat and it's also quite embarassing in many situations. I get called out constantly. Alas, I'm still picky. I'm working on it, but Jacob (the 4-year-old) still eats better than I do.
So... my good friend Leslie (Better Together) went searching the web just for me (I have wonderful friends). I think she was proud that I had finally taken an affinity for cooking and wanted to encourage it. One of the web sites I've come to love that she introduced me to is Vintage Victuals. She's got tons of great stuff - go check her out.
One of the specific dishes Leslie sent me was Chicky Chicky Parm (yes, that is the real name). I'm actually not a huge fan of typical chicken parmesan, but I was so intrigued by the fact that it's made in a crockpot (which I love - so easy!) that I had to try it out.
The date was set: Thursday, January 6, 2011, I would make it. It was a strange day at work where I only worked until 1:00 and I knew Jeremy would be working until at least 8:00 or 9:00 so I actually got it started after work. Jeremy's mom recently told me she didn't use her crockpot much because she doesn't work and obsesses over checking it, but I'm constantly at work or school so I've never experienced this. Of course, this day was different. For the first hour or so, I kept opening the crock pot and looking in on it. Then, I got to reading about crockpots and how you shouldn't do that because of the liquid seal that's formed and disappears when you open it and immediately stopped.
Finally, it was done:


I also defrosted some of my homemade crescent rolls (which I'll blog about when I make then again) to have with it.



I was actually quite frustrated by the time we began eating because Jeremy didn't get here until nearly 11:00, and I was expecting 9:00 at the latest, but this chicken was so delicious that it changed my mood immediately. It. Was. Delicious. The chicken just fell apart with a fork. Clearly, Jeremy approved as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment