Friday, January 28, 2011

Stockyards Championship Rodeo

Last Friday, we took Jacob to the Stockyards Championship Rodeo here in Fort Worth. They have this rodeo every Friday and Saturday night, but I had never been before. I started playing around online and learned that kids get in free on Fridays, so after dinner, we headed that way.
 
Check out my boys... Jacob is so cute in his cowboy getup!
This is during the national anthem. I couldn't resist how cute he looked holding his hat like that :)
(Pardon his red-stained face from whatever he had been drinking earlier)
Okay, now we have a funny story...
You see that kid right in the center of all the others with the cowboy hat on? That's Jacob. He was out there for the "sheep scramble" where all of the kids chase a sheep to get a ribbon off its back. On his way out, he played with his hat and put it back on backwards, so the rodeo clown had to pick on him, right? Anyway, after picking on him and fixing his hat, the rodeo clown asked, "Where are you from?"
Jacob's response (into the microphone for the entire arena to hear): "My mommy."
It was hysterical!
This is Jacob telling his daddy how fun chasing that sheep was.
We had lots of fun! If it's up to Jacob, we'll definitely be heading back very soon!

Last note: I'm wanting to redo my tags for each post. I know that for posts like this, I like "Makin' Memories" and for cooking meals, I like "Eatin' Good," but I can't think of tags for projects we do and desserts I make... Suggestions?? I was hoping to stay with the same type theme as the others. I'm also wanting to find someone to help me make something cute that says "Miss. Vicky" at the bottom of my posts... anyone good at making small graphics like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment