Monday, January 31, 2011

VV's Baked Chicken

Last week, my good friend Marcie came over for dinner on Tuesday. It was really nice to catch up because it had been close to two months since I had seen her. I cooked dinner for both of us and it was a good ol' time.

For dinner, I decided to go with Ellie at Vintage Victuls Crispy Baked Chicken. However, since I didn't have all of the ingredients and was hoping to use what I had, I made a few small edits.

Started with four chicken breasts. 
Then, instead of greek yogurt (since I didn't have it, but I'm looking forward to trying it again with it), I used a couple of lightly beaten eggs.
I also didn't yet have panko bread crumbs (but I do now), so I used regular bread crumbs. 
As far as the "seasoning blend," I was quite intimidated, but my lovely friend Leslie texted me a list of good ones to use so I just kind of threw a little of each of those. Tasted fine to me! I coated each piece of chicken in the egg, then the "seasoning blend" and stuck it in a 9x13... cooked it like she suggests (and even checked the temperature to be sure). 
It came out looking just like this.
On the sides, I made macaroni and cheese and carrots (not pictured). 
Happy eating, friends!

Also, I've still not received any good suggestions for tag names for projects or desserts... help me, people! "Eatin' Good" is for main courses & "Makin' Memories" is for fun family stuff, so I'd like to keep a similar theme. I'd also like one for side dishes???  Hmm...

Also... I'd like to have a little "signature" for the bottom of my blogs but I'm so not good at that stuff. Any help would be appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I'm still thinking... clearly my creative juices are not flowing haha!

    ReplyDelete