Friday, January 14, 2011

Gramma's Chili

Today, I will tell you about my Gramma's Chili. In my not-so-humble opinion, my Gramma's Chili is PERFECT. It is the best out there. It. Is. Delicious.

Why, you ask, is this chili the perfect chili? Well, quite honestly, because I will eat it.

As you may remember, I am the pickiest eater on the face of the planet. I do not like vegetables and I don't like very much spice. I have never found another chili that I will eat.

But, you might be thinking, if this picky eater who doesn't like vegetables or much spice likes this chili, it's probably bland and I probably won't like it.

You're wrong.

Jeremy loves this chili, and Jeremy loves vegetables and spice.

It's just that good. Enjoy my friends...

You start with 1 lb. browned ground beef. (Actually, my Gramma would never make it with ground beef because, when I was growing up, she didn't eat red meat. So, if you like, you can make it with ground turkey.)

Next, you add one large bottle of tomato juice (this specific bottle is 46 oz.), 2 cans of beans (Gramma recommended I use pinto beans) and one packet of William's Chili Seasoning (the one that said it flavors 2 lbs. of ground beef - we like our William's).

Now, let me tell you before you make the same mistake I did, the seasoning must be William's. I didn't realize how important this was when Gramma first sent me the recipe and bought any ol' seasoning. I called her, asking why my chili wasn't as good as I remembered hers being. Apparently, this is the key ingredient. The only places I have found that keep it in stock consistently are Kroger and W... Wa... Wal... nope, I can't say it. Just go to Kroger. Or order it online.
Drain any liquid from the beef and beans & throw everything together in the crock pot.
Mix 'em all up.
And leave it alone. If you happen to not work or be home on the day you make it, you can stir it occasionally, but that's not necessary.
Then, finally, after it's been in there for 6-8 hours, enjoy! I, of course, sprinkle some cheese on top. I sometimes have fritos in it, too. It's delicious, I promise.
So, my readers... what (crock pot or otherwise) recipes might you like to share with a picky eater like myself?

One other accord... I got three comments on my failure of a cookie sheet and I haven't received any on my successes. Do I have to fail for your attention, people?!

3 comments:

  1. Ive got 2 :) I dont know the exact names of these bc they're just recipes passed around from flight attendants. Super easy and super yummy!

    Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
    4 frozen chicken breats
    1 cup frozen corn
    1 can rotell
    1 can tomatoes
    1 can black beans

    Cook on low all day. Chicken will begin to pull a part. Stir it until its shredded. Serve over yellow rice or in tortillas.


    Crock Pot Pork
    1 lb. pork tenderloin cut into about 4 big pieces
    2 cans black beans
    2 cups salsa

    Cook on low all day. Meat will pull apart as stirred. Serve over brown or white rice.

    Love,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend, I don't like rotell or salsa :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOO! try it, you may like it now :)

    ReplyDelete