Thursday, January 27, 2011

PW's Cinnamon Rolls

 
(Not that I'm counting, but I graduate 100 days from today!)

Warning: These things are sinful.

There, you're warned. Now, you can't blame me. I'm not liable.

After reading The Pioneer Woman's description of her Cinnamon Rolls and how she thinks they are actually the best around, I had to try them out. Who could resist, right?

So, I got started last Saturday night. I mixed the dough, let it rise and finished it up. Then, I put it in the fridge overnight (she says that's not necessary, but I didn't want to do all that work in the morning).

In the morning, I got the dough out, rolled it out and got to work. For some reason, I had trouble with the rectangles (call me geometrically challenged), but they came out alright, if I do say so myself.
Ummm... yum!
The icing... I was nervous about the coffee and being able to taste it, and I do get a slight hint of it, but maple frosting is so delicious, it doesn't both me one bit.

I even learned after I was done that maple frosting is Jeremy's favorite... lucky him!
Both of the boys said they were the best cinnamon rolls they've ever had. Jacob even asked for seconds, and let me tell you, that is the first time he has ever asked for seconds (mind you, his dad knows he's a growing boy and gives him quite a bit to start with). 

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the recipe is supposed to make 50-60 rolls... mine came out more like 30, but they were big rolls (the picture below is your typical 9x13 if that helps put their size in perspective). So, I've got several gallon-sized freezer bags in the freezer fulls of them, which is super handy for breakfast.

I will warn you though, I'll have more cinnamon rolls coming in March. You see, I've got two whole days to spend in Bartlesville with my step-grandma, Terry, and we've decided to turn it into a cooking/baking workshop.

Yes, there will be blogs. (I'll even share that cinnamon roll recipe if it's not a family secret)

No comments:

Post a Comment