Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Brisket

One week ago today, I was out of school because of snow and it was fabulous I decided to try my hand at cooking a brisket.

I used the recipe from Better Homes and Gardens cookbook for Beef Brisket with Barbecue Sauce. Let me tell you, the barbecue sauce this thing makes is AMAZING

Anyway, I cooked it in the crockpot.
I poured the seasonings and whatnot over it.
Once the brisket was almost done, I used the reserve sauce and made fantastic barbecue sauce.
It was FABULOUS!
Lesson of the day: When the cookbook says "10-12 hours on low or 5-6 hours on high," that does not mean set your crock pot to "warm" for 6 hours.

Somehow, I accidentally set my crock pot to warm, so it was clearly not done at 6 hours, although it had cooked some. I ended up setting it to high for about 3.5 hours and it was unexpectedly still great! Although, I still don't suggest cooking it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment