Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Days!

Today is day two of (so far) three snow days this week and it has been absolutely fabulous.

Why, you ask?

You see, for the most part, my life is absolutely insane. I am always at school or work or working on day to day things (homework, cleaning, etc.) that I rarely have time for extra projects that take more than maybe a half hour or so.

But, nature imposed this on me and I am definitely not complaining.

These are taken from my balcony. That's some benches and a sand volleyball court right there, in case you couldn't tell.

 The snow is so dramatic.
 So... how have I been spending all of this extra time on my hands? Well, I have to make a confession first.

I've been out of closet space for a long time. As I've mentioned previously, I grew out of this apartment a long time ago.

So, where was I storing my clothes that no longer fit in my closet? In the doorway to my laundry room, of course.
 Embarrassing, right? But - the good news! I finally had time during this break to go through my closet. I got rid of two trash bags worth of stuff and was able to move all of the clothes above into my closet. It made it much easier to spend a good majority of the day catching up on laundry. Then, I even organized my laundry room.

Go me!

After all of that productivity, it was time to have some fun. Everyone seemed to be getting mild cases of cabin fever, so I invited them to my cabin for some beverages and fun.

Let me also add that I made some chili and macaroni and cheese which were all devoured.

Jeremy and Alex: beer pong pros.
 Team Awesome has no pictures, but this is Team Shake & Bake. Jose, Jeremy, Alex & Woody.
 Crazy guys...
 Then, Taylor came. She's one of my favorites! And, even better, it was her birthday. So, I gave her a shot.
 Not bad for a shot face, huh?
 Everyone was clearly in need of an outing, and much fun was had!
Today, I've been meal planning and doing some cooking. More blogs on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment