Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mac & Cheese

I've been making Pioneer Woman's Macaroni & Cheese for a couple of months now.

It's become a staple for my mini-family because it is delicious.
It's also been a hit among mine and Jeremy's friends!

I usually use penne pasta because it's usually the first thing I see when I open my pantry.
Then, I cook the sauce (I've never used the egg or mustard).
I grate about a pound of cheese... I used some mozzarella because it was already grated and I got lazy. This was my first time to use multiple kinds of cheese.
Melt the cheese into the sauce.
But! Leave a little bit of cheese! This is important... it takes this stuff from great to amazing.
Then, salt and pepper... I tend to do heaping on the salts (especially seasoned) and scant on the pepper.
Pour in the (drained) pasta.
Stir them together. Yum. Yum. Yum.
Pour it into a baking dish (someone please buy me Corningware! Hah!)
THEN, sprinkle the cheese you set aside on top.
It'll look a little something like this when you're done baking it and it'll taste DELICIOUS!
Make it soon!

1 comment:

  1. I want some- now! Thinking this will need to be added to next weeks meal plans...or this weekend, yum!

    ReplyDelete