Friday, February 18, 2011

Cheesecake

When I made all of that deliciousness on the snow day last week (hard to believe we had a snow day last week considering I just walked to the courthouse and it's 75 degrees outside right now), I had to make dessert, right?

The boy has been asking for my S'more Cookies for a while, but I didn't want to make it that quickly back-to-back. Also, I was out of flour (tragedy!) and the roads were covered in ice. What could I make with next-to-no flour?

Cheesecake! The boy has been asking me to make it for probably a year. I got to looking up recipes and called Terry, who sent me a few. The problem: each one of them had SOMETHING that I didn't have. Eventually, I looked in my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook and found this one, which I was only missing the walnuts (I substituted pecans) and lemon peel, which is optional.
I mixed the crust combination together.
And enlisted the boy's help spreading it into the spring-form (which Jeremy's mom generously gave me a while back and I had yet to use).
Then, the filling...
Yummmm.
Isn't that beautiful?
And cooked it.
It was mighty tasty.
Can't you tell?
Make one soon. You'll thank me.

No comments:

Post a Comment