Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I want s'more cookies!

Last week, I asked my friend, Jessica Hester, for some blog reading suggestions. The first one she sent me was Baked Perfection... and perfection it was!

Looking through, I was immediately drawn to the S'mores Cookies... they looked fabulous, and I had all but two of the ingredients and needed to go pick up some medicine anyway, so I made some impromptu cookies.

Here, we've got the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
I didn't have mini chocolate chips, so I put the boy to work chopping up regular sized chocolate chips for me.... 
 Then, I mixed up the butter, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs... and added the flour mixture.
 Meanwhile, the boy was chopping up my Hershey's bars...
 I stirred in the chocolate chips.
 How cute are they? I need to do a blog soon entitled "Ode to my amazing baking sheets."
 Cooked them like that for 8 minutes, then added the Hershey's and mini marshmallows. Another 4 minutes was good and I figured out the perfect color of the marshmallows for the cookies to be fabulous (very slight browning).
 I may have enjoyed some wine while whipping these up.
 Anyway, here are the beauties...
 Aren't they pretty??

Make them. Soon. You'll thank me, I promise!

Also, I'm looking for more things to try. Once again, I'm very picky... but I'm learning some good alterations to make things good (and know who to ask). I love things that can easily be frozen into portion sizes for a perfect lunch to grab and go on my hurried mornings.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to make these. Glad you enjoyed the blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete