Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day: Pizza

Earlier this afternoon, Jeremy and I asked Jacob what he'd like for lunch.

"Pizza!" he said.

My first thought: We don't have pizza, what else would you like?
Second thought: A while back, I saw a picture of pizza with heart-shaped pepperoni... super cute!
Third thought: I wonder if we can make pizza?
"Hey Jeremy, could we make pizza."
"Well, I can make the sauce and we have lots of mozzarella. What about the dough?"
"Hand me my cookbook."

I ended up using Pioneer Woman's pizza crust recipe only because it called for all-purpose flour (which I had) and my Baker's Illustrated book called for bread flour (which I don't have).

So, I made the dough.
And Jeremy ran to the store for pepperoni.
While he made the sauce, I used my cookie cutter and cut hearts into the pepperoni.
And then we assembled it... cute, right?
Unfortunately, some of the pepperonis lost their shape in the oven, but I loved it anyway.
And, it tasted delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment